24 March 2010

Cambio

Ever since I returned from Honduras last week I have felt different.  I've wanted to hug my students a little more, speak kindness to them, and encourage them when I can so they will see the love of Jesus in me.  Why?  That is a question I have been grappling with.  What happened to me in Honduras?  People have been asking how my life was changed during that short week in La Moskitia, and I have struggled to put these feelings into written words.   

For those of you who know me personally, you probably know that my past adventures have included Kenya, Madagascar, and Zimbabwe.  I even lived in Tegucigalpa, Honduras in the late 90's for a semester.  But, La Moskitia (the Mosquito Coast) is a whole different world.  For me the smells and some of the sights were the same, but the needs of these people seemed more urgent.  They seemed more important.  God really burdened me for these people.  My friends Alex & Laura are moving to La Moskitia later this year.  I truly believe God sent me on this trip so I could experience what they have experienced. So I can be an advocate for this ministry and the Miskito Indians.   

So, why the change?  It's in these faces.




Lord, be the change in me today.

3 comments:

  1. Cambio... a perfect name for this post, and for my life, too. I love the picture at the top, it is one of my favorites. And we hadn't even made it to La Moskitia yet!

    Hug those kids a little more and keep on keepin' on; Christ is shining in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God! Wonderful heartfelt words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! The whole week we were in Puerto Lempira, you did an awesome job of reminding us that God has a purpose for EVERYTHING and that it was amazing how He pulled all of US together!!! I too see the important of SPEAKING UP and being an advocate for the precious souls in La Moskitia. Thanks for the reminder in your post!

    ReplyDelete