06 April 2010

Trust

Some people may wonder how a person can be brave enough, skilled enough, or maybe even stupid enough to go to a place like La Moskitia.  Some people may question (Isn't it really dangerous there?). Some people just don't want to leave the comfort of their cozy little houses in their quaint little towns.  But, when you know, when you really know that God has spoken to your heart about going, for that matter, going to any "foreign" destination, you just have to trust. 

This week I have been working on reading a memoir of my dear friend, and it has reminded me of where God has taken me because I have trusted Him.  I have travelled the world, taught in amazing places, and ministered to wonderful families.  But, what God has taught me, how God has stretched and grown me, is more than I could have ever imagined!  And it all comes down to trust. 

In the midst of a major job change I have had to cling to the hem of His garment and take teeny little steps toward what He has in store for me.  I have felt so blind this year, wondering what the Lord wants.  I learned a long time ago that hindsight is 20/20.  I often wonder if the events of this year had never happened, would I be where I am now?  Would I be in a place that I could have taken a week off to go to La Moskitia?  Would I have felt too financially strapped to give up a week of tutoring and nannying to go on a missions trip?  This is the amazing part about God:  He knew me from the beginning.  He knew what He would do with my life.  He knew how He would fulfill His Purpose in me.  But, I still have to do my part which is to step out in faith and trust Him.  Trust Him to provide, to protect, to give me strength to do His Will. 

And that isn't always easy.

Some days, well, actually most days, I don't know how it is that God would choose me to do His Work.  But then I remember I just need to trust.

1 comment:

  1. Wendy, your words (and the thoughts and experiences behind them) have -- once again! -- blessed my heart! Thank you for modeling trust for me. We are on an amazing adventure with God, aren't we?!

    I can hardly wait for your next blog post!

    Hugs.

    LT

    ReplyDelete